The fluidity of a suspended ribbon heals the vaulted spaces in a unique exhibition path for Plart’s plastic work. The structure is a single large curvilinear volume, hung at about 1.50 m from the ground, made of two black parallel planes in thermoformed Corian by new generation acrylic matrix, closed by an opalescent backlit backdrop and, at the front, by a transparent, thin methacrylate . The room, intentionally kept in the shadows, accents the play of lights: to the cold light diffused from the back, spotlights positioned flush with the top plate, act as a counterweight, to enhance colors and shapes of the objects in display.
Credit: Progettazione conto terzi, del sistema espositivo dello spazio museale Plart. Dipartimento Itaca
Client: Plart, museo delle plastiche, Napoli.
Scientific supervisor: Prof. Cecilia Cecchini.
– L. Prestinenza Puglisi , A Baldini (a cura di) Press/Tmag raccolta di opere di architettura tratte dalla newsletter presS/Tmagazine, Mancosu Architectural Book, Roma 2009
– A D, rivista internazionale di arredamento, design, architettura, Marzo 2008, p. 70
– CasaViva, Ottobre 2008, p. 28
– Bravacasa, Maggio 2008, p. 68
– MADE, the magazine for the material and design Exchange, Magio 2008, p. 34, 35
– OTTAGONO, Aprile 2008 p. 76